Properties east of Malaga and moving to the Costa del Sol, Spain

If you are planning to buy a property east of Malaga on Spain´s Costa del Sol, take your time to look around and find the perfect place for you.

If you are not sure which area you want to buy a property east of Malaga, why not rent  a place for a few months before buying so you can be 100% sure you have chosen the right region for you and your family.

Choosing to buy a holiday home or permanent residence east of Malaga on the Costa del Sol will provide you with the chance to live in the most authentic and least congested part of the coast, surrounded by stunning scenery and open countryside.

Use a knowledgeable local estate agent in Nerja who will give you expert advice on towns and villages in the region. Popular towns with ex-pats to buy or rent properties, east of Malaga include: Torrox and Torrox Costa, Velez-Malaga, Torre del Mar, La Vinuela, Frigiliana, Nerja and Rincon de la Victoria.


The Axarquia region is also home to some of the most beautiful and traditional villages on the Costa del Sol. Whether you are looking for a perfect property inland or on the coast, you will find it here.

Once you have made your mind up to move:

If you have decided to drive to Spain study check how the driving regulations differ from those in your own country. Consider the cost of a ferry crossing, petrol etc., compared to a flight, if you are arriving from the UK as the latter could work out much cheaper if you are bringing goods with you.

Take photocopies of all your important documents, including your European Health Insurance Card, your passport, your driving licence etc.

On arrival in Spain it is important to obtain an NIE number when you arrive. Go to the local National Police Station for an application form, which is available in English.

A residencia is a form of permit for those who intend to reside in Spain on a permanent basis. It is not compulsory but there are advantages. Visit your nearest police station and collect the application forms. Your estate agent can  help you with this.


Go to the police station and collect the forms. Complete and return the forms along with the documents they request and usually you can collect your certificate one month later. Residencia cards are no longer issued as EU courts ruled that they were illegal. Now it takes the form of an A4 piece of paper. You should, by law carry this with you at all times.


Properties for sale east of Malaga are popular with ex-pats who want to experience the ‘real Spain’ within easy reach of all the attractions southern Spain has to offer.

WhatsApp chat
Sell your property with us
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website Accept cookies More Info